T's the season to enjoy and relax oneself
spend some great times with your family and friends.
Don't strain yourself too much in holiday gifts and cooking.
simple things mean more than anything.
Here is a simple easy chocolate chip cookies
that I've been making for several Christmas.
Wish everyone a great holiday season!
Recipe: Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Cranberries & Pistachios
Adapted from Luscious Chocolate Desserts by Lori Longbotham
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup (6 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp light corn syrup
2 Tbsp whole or 2% milk
2 tsp vanllia extract
1 cup miniature bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup unsalted natural pistachios, toasted, shelled and chopped
3/4 cup dried cranberries (or tart cherries), chopped
- Place the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Beat the butter in a electric mixer at medium high speed for around 5 mins or until the butter is pale, light and fluffy. Add sugar to the butter and beat for another 3 to 5 mins or until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, beat for a few seconds. Add milk and vanilla and beat until blended. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture. Beat until just smooth, scrapping down the side if necessary.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pistachios and dried cranberries with a rubber spatula. Press the dough together with your hands.
- Shape the dough into 1" balls and place them, 1-1/2" apart, on a baking sheet lied with silpat. (or butter the baking sheet). Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand to a 1/2" thick disk.
- Bake for 4 mins, switch position of the baking sheet and then bake for another 4 to 6 mins, or until the cookies are golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 3 mins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.